Dog-Friendly Activities to do Outdoors
As the winter blues melt away, the nicer weather has us all itching to get outside a bit more. That includes our four-legged best friends. It’s always a great idea to get out for a walk with your best friend.
National Take a Walk in the Park Day gives everyone an excuse to get out and enjoy that fresh spring air. While just getting out for a walk can be nice, there are a lot of other fun activities to do while enjoying a day outside with your dog.
Susan Lanci Designs has put together this little guide with outdoor dog-friendly activities to make this year’s National Take a Walk in the Park Day the best one yet!
Related: Welcome to the Dog Park
National Take a Walk in the Park Day
On March 30th, National Take a Walk in the Park Day encourages people to get outside. This national holiday is a great way to reconnect with nature or just take a moment to get away from a long day of work. A walk can help you re-energize and can help to clear your mind.
Why Should you Celebrate?
Walking is a perfect way to relax and unwind, both physically and mentally. It benefits both you and your furry best friend—an all-around winner.
Participating in National Walk in the Park Day is the perfect way to improve your mental and physical health, and it also offers social benefits for you and your dogs. It can help improve cardiovascular strength, lower blood pressure, and help build strong muscle and bones. Walking your dog a few times a week can also help your dog reduce the risk of obesity, liver disease, and insulin resistance.
Taking your dog for a walk is also a great way to bring joy into their lives. They love all the sights and new smells they get to experience while spending time with their best friend, you!
Looking and feeling good can be as easy as a walk in the park so spring into bling with Susan Lanci Designs new spring collection.
Other Activities for you and your dog
While just going for a walk can be great, sometimes you have to switch things up. Just getting outside can be great, but walking the same path day after day can make it feel like the morning commute after a while.
Related: Step in harness
- Walk around your local park. Most areas have some type of grassy place for dogs to run off their energy. Walking around your local park is the perfect way for your dog to get to know the neighbors.
- Play fetch at a baseball park. While your dog is always an all-star, they won’t be ready for the big leagues. However, most areas have a minor league field that is usually open to the public. If you find your dog bouncing off the walls, letting them run in a large fenced-in area would be perfect.
- Find a new best friend at a local dog park. While not all dogs love hanging out with friends, most do enjoy social interactions. It’s also the perfect place for your furry friend to show off their favorite Susan Lanci Designs fashion. Just be sure to do your part to stay safe during the COVID outbreak. The CDC has excellent guidelines.
- Get a puppuccino! Even if your dog doesn’t like parks or people, that’s okay. You can still get out, get some fresh air, and spend some time with your furry best friend. Many coffee shops have the option to get a splash of whipped cream into a cup just for your dog. So take a coffee break and get your companion their little treat!
- Take a trip to the beach. Taking a walk down a beach is a great way to spend the evening. Both you and your pup will enjoy the change of scenery. Plus the setting sun will sparkle against the Swarovski Crystals on your pup's Nouveau Bow Step-in Harness.
- Enjoy dinner on a Patio. Enjoying the fresh air doesn’t always mean a full-body cardio workout. As the weather becomes more enjoyable, more restaurants and bistros are opening up patio seating so you can enjoy a meal or drink outside in the fresh air.
No matter what activity sounds like fun to you, just spending time with your furry friend is a reward within itself. Susan Lanci Designs harnesses are designed to keep your pet safe while you enjoy the benefits of being outside.
Outdoor Safety Tips
Keep these simple tips in mind while you explore the great outdoors with your pup.
- One of the most important things for a safe and fun walk is having the right equipment. Susan Lanci Designs handcrafted a safety harness specially designed with small dogs in mind.
- Keep water with you. While it might not seem hot at first, the excitement of being outside can quickly dehydrate your dog. Taking drinking breaks often can help keep you both safe.
- Make sure it’s warm enough for a walk. Small dogs are sensitive when it comes to cold temperatures. Or you can slip on your Susan Lanci coat and dazzle the cold away.
- Stay healthy! Be sure to follow guidelines and CDC recommendations when it comes to being around others.
No matter what activity you choose to celebrate National Take a Walk in the Park Day spending the day with your dog is the perfect way to enjoy it.
Be the talk of the town with the sparkle of spring. Safe, durable, and glamorous. Susan Lanci Designs has the perfect accessories to match your pup's fashion sense.